The Blackeye2T traffic survey camera is adapted specifically to traffic studies. It has up to 12 hrs recording capability at 12.5 frames/second, and is optimised to photograph number plates day and night, and to a quality suitable for subsequent processing by lpr software.
- high intensity 850nm infrared illumination, for clear number plate photos, day and night.
- scheduling, so that study times can be set in advance of deployment.
- global snap image sensor that freezes the number plate photo without the shear distortion that happens with moving objects and a rolling shutter image sensor.
- sunshade to give best chance of good photos in variable lighting and sun angle situations.
- local wifi web server in the camera so that the photo composition can be checked in situ from a tablet or smartphone, by simply connecting via wifi and using a web browser.